What is Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy? Pelvic floor physical therapy is a treatment for problems related to the pelvic floor (yes, men and children have them too). This specialized therapy includes exercises that can help relieve symptoms like pain, discomfort, and disruptions to your quality of life.
We, at FIT4MOM Billings believe that every postpartum mother should see a Pelvic Floor PT regardless of their delivery option. Your pelvic floor resists constant pressure of a fetus during your entire pregnancy. Not only that, but our bodies also adapt in ways that may tighten or stall certain muscle groups. Most OB/GYN physicians do not have the time or training to assist in these evaluations or treatments. That is why, it is important to advocate for yourself and let your doctor know if any of the issues listed below continue. They can help get you referred and in good hands.
Common Reasons to see a Pelvic Floor PT:
- Low Back Pain
- Painful Sex
- Pee yourself with coughing, sneezing, laughing, jumping, etc.
- Urgency to Pee
- Feeling of something "Falling Out"
These are some of our favorite providers and offices in the area.
1) Arrow Pelvic PT: Bethany Nordahl, DPT & Megan Hawbaker, DPT
2) Lone Peak Pelvic Health: Bri Blohm, DPT & Abby Dunning, DPT & Lacey Steinbeisser, DPT
3) Yellowstone Therapy Center: Courtney James, DPT
4) Mountain Land Physical Therapy: Sari Stahl, DPT